Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Stand Corrected

It seems ironic to me that after my blog about my seizures, I ended up with a serious seizure. Go figure?  Well in that moment, I realized that even though I make efforts to keep up with my seizures, there is always room for IMPROVEMENT. I need to be more responsible and actually stop thinking that I have it altogether because I'm NOT in control fully over my body...God is and my friend mentioned the day after my abnormal experience, In paraphrasing, "If you want to be involved in the ministries and do as what others reached out to you, then you need to have your body in better shape to serve the fullest as you want to be...get more mature and make better adult decisions because not everyone can hold your hand." ,Don't you just love REAL friends that will gently chastise you? Lol... by the end of the day... I ABSOLUTELY DO...because I know they care for me and have my best interest at heart.
"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
2 Corinthians 12:7-10 KJV
 I used to wonder and sometimes do think that my epilepsy is my thorn in my flesh to humble me and/or something to make me stronger through my weakness.  I can say that the experience has been a wake up call and a humbling experience.

Stay tuned... I'm on week 1 and 1 day seizure free. 

LuvAleighD

No comments:

Post a Comment