Friday, December 3, 2010

O how we forget that there is A time for everything

Lately, I've been intrigued and amazed by the wise words of Solomon because of the book of Ecclesiastes.  I don't know what it is??... It just... draws me in lol...Well this morning i reread Ecclesiastes 3 and the verses that instant triggered me to do this blog are verses 1-8.  And I quote:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:  A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."

As I read this simple yet strong scripture, I immediately thought of how Time sometimes gets wasted, forgotten, taken for granted, underestimated and yet it's precious, significant, helpful, can tie in with maturity, and right on time when left up in God's hands.  Time is serious.  I reflected on my past and realized how time was so key and still is...  God's timing was perfect when he introduced me to the one that led me to the Lord.  God's timing was perfect when it was made unavailable for me to go to North Carolina for college and stay home in PG county... which all came up to  God's perfect timing when He saved me.  All things happen in God's time and not our own.  Wise decisions are made with good timing...amongst other things ofcourse but time plays a significant part. 

Now I can go on and on... and oooon lol about the other things that I experienced in my life where the timing was impeccable...

Go out of your way and take the Time to spend time with a teen and invest in them. Take the time to get involved in a ministry and be a servant of God. Take the time to Talk to GOD... take the Time to read God's word.  Take the time to better yet... lead someone to the Lord!  Because tomorrow is never promised... lol... 5 MINUTES is never promised...lol...

Remember:  There is A Time for Everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment