Saturday, December 18, 2010

O Im Striving for Improvement Series: 2. Better Listener

When conversing, interacting, and/or surrounded by others, we typically participate by listening, thinking, and/or speaking.  In my previous blog, it mentioned being a good listener was a plus in being a better friend.  It's always wisest to listen to what is spoken to you, let it register, and the outcome be meek and calm rather it be through action or words.

James 1:19 KJV "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:" 

In order for me to be a better listener, I must be willing to take time to hear what someone is saying. I must be understanding of the other person's feelings. I must be attentive.  I must have consistency with keeping up the listening skills :) .  I personally think I'm a good listener but there is always room for improvement.  Listening to friends and family are great but also listening out for GOD is even greater.  Reading HIS word is a way of listening to God.  Speaking to Him is through prayer.  I must have a better relationship with God by listening to HIS every word and DO as I hear. 

Acts 17:11 KJV "11These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

I'm Striving to Improve by being a better Listener...Are you?

LuvALeighD

No comments:

Post a Comment