Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Striving for Improvement Series: 1. Being a Better Friend

I decided to expand on the qualities that I want to grow in for the year 2011.  That being said during the 2.5 week time span, I will be taking the mentioned qualities from my previous blog, "O I'm Striving for Improvement" for my upcoming blogs.  That being said:

I searched on the web of what some people may think a good friend is.  Well I found an answer.  I went to http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/32170/five_great_ways_to_be_a_good_friend_pg2.html?cat=41 and saw that a good friend is someone that isn't Judgemental, honest, a good listener, giving and not always looking for handouts, and lastly FUN!  Ofcourse these are some very good key things to remember. 

Ecclesiastes 4:10 "10For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
A Friend is Encouraging.

Proverbs 17:17 "17A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity"
A Friend is Loving.

Proverbs 18:24 "24A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."
A Friend is Loyal

Proverbs 16:28 "A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends."
A Friend Desn't Speak Poorly of Friends

These are all the things that I want to grow in. Not just as a friend but overall as a Christian as well.  Next year, O I will be striving to improve being a loyal, loving, fun, giving, honest, a good listener, that doesn't speak poorly nor judge against my friends.  I'm not perfect and I am CONFIDENT that anyone that reads this has lacked in one or more areas that I mentioned.  My mom always used to say to me, "What did I tell you Ashleigh Lauren!  Treat people the way YOU want to be treated!  If you wouldn't want someone to do that to you then what makes you think that someone wants that done to them??"  She got me with that everytime... I want a good friend that possess those qualities so I should do the same. 

What should I expect?  I should expect better friendships.

Until next time,
           LuvALeighD

No comments:

Post a Comment